Established in 1987, the Sugar Milling Council represents Australia’s raw sugar milling sector. We work with our members, other industry organisations and state and federal governments to ensure a positive policy environment that:
- creates skilled and regional jobs
- enhances efficient production of raw sugar
- encourages mill co-generation of electricity, and that
- promotes the ongoing commercial development of the sugar industry in Australia.
To be an influential voice for change in the Australian sugar industry through leadership and advocacy.
To create opportunities for a more profitable and sustainable Australian sugar milling sector.
Our Key Focus Areas for 2018/19 are to:
- Enhance market access and trade policy outcomes for Australian sugar
- Maintain our industry’s social licence to operate
- Advocate industry responsive regulation that encourages investment and innovation
- Pursue energy policy that recognises the sugar industry’s co-generation potential
- Prioritise research that delivers impact for industry.
The current members of the Australian Sugar Milling Council are:
- Bundaberg Sugar Limited
- Isis Central Mill Company Limited
- Mackay Sugar Limited
- MSF Sugar Limited
- Tully Sugar Limited
- Wilmar Sugar Australia Limited
ASMC Board consists of up to 12 Board members including a Chair and two Deputy Chairs. Board members are nominated by our member companies and the Chair and Deputy Chair are elected by appointed Directors.