The Australian Sugar Milling Council (ASMC) is the peak body representing the interests of raw sugar manufacturers.
ASMC represents five sugar manufacturing companies which collectively produce 90 percent of Australia’s raw sugar at their 16 sugar mills in Queensland. Our members also market more than 50% of Australia’s raw sugar production.
To be an influential voice for change in the Australian sugar industry through leadership and policy advocacy.
To create opportunities for a more profitable and sustainable Australian sugar manufacturing sector.
An independent analysis commissioned by ASMC earlier this year identified has revealed that the Queensland sugar industry contributed $3.8 billion in Gross Regional Product and 19,673 direct and indirect jobs to the Queensland economy in 2020-21.
Our areas of focus are to:
- Enhance trade policy & market access outcomes
- Strengthen our social license to operate
- Advocate industry responsive government policies
- Ensure research strategy and governance that delivers results
- Promote industry revitalisation to maintain the sugar industry’s economic and social contribution
ASMC’s current members are:
- Isis Central Mill Company Limited
- Mackay Sugar Limited – Member of the Nordzucker Group
- Tully Sugar Limited
- Wilmar Sugar Australia Limited
The ASMC Board consists of up to 12 Board members including a Chair and two Deputy Chairs. Board members are nominated by our member companies and the Chair and Deputy Chair are elected by appointed Directors more >