To the extent permitted by law, and subject to the consumer guarantees addressed below, we will in no way be liable to you or anyone else for any loss, damage, costs or expenses however caused (and whether direct, indirect, consequential or economic, including without limitation loss of revenue, loss of goodwill, downtime costs, loss of profit, loss of or damage to reputation, loss under or in relation to any other contract, loss of data, loss of use of data or loss of anticipated savings or benefits) whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise which may be directly or indirectly suffered in connection with use of this Site or the websites or social media pages or feeds of other entities which are hyperlinked from this Site (Linked Sites).
This general disclaimer is not restricted or modified by any of the following specific warnings and disclaimers.
Specific warnings and disclaimers
The information contained on this Site is provided by us in good faith and on an ‘as is’ basis. The information is believed to be accurate and current as at the date the information was placed on this Site. We make no representation or warranty as to the security of the Site, the availability, reliability, accuracy, currency or completeness of the information contained on this Site, or that your use of this Site will be uninterrupted or error free. We will not be liable if the Site (or any of the content made available through it) is incomplete, corrupted, inaccurate, outdated or incorrect. You must make your own assessment of the information contained on this Site and, if you choose to rely on it, it is wholly at your own risk.
We are not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs in connection with your use of this Site or a Linked Site. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use from this Site is free of viruses or anything else (such as worms or trojan horses) that may interfere with or damage the operations of your computer systems.
We may, from time to time, change or add to this Site without notice. However, we do not undertake to keep this Site updated and we will not be liable to you or anyone else if errors occur in the information on this Site or if that information is not up-to-date.
You acknowledge and agree that, to the extent permitted by applicable law and subject to the consumer guarantees addressed below, all implied conditions, representations, warranties and other terms are excluded. We do not represent, warrant or guarantee that the Site is free from computer viruses or other defect or error which may affect your software of systems. You should protect your software and systems by installing and implementing your own security and system checks. You must ensure that your access to this Site is not illegal or prohibited by laws which apply to you or in your location.
(a) in the case of services, the cost of supplying the services again or payment of the cost of having the services supplied again; and
(b) in the case of software or other goods, the cost of replacing the goods, supplying equivalent goods or having the goods repaired, or payment of the cost of replacing the goods, supplying equivalent goods or having the goods repaired,
and except in the case of a major failure (as that term is defined in the Australian Consumer Law), we can elect as between the remedies set out in paragraphs (a) and (b) above.
Your use of this Site
- use this Site to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise offend any person;
- publish, distribute, email, transmit or disseminate any material which is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, indecent, offensive or inappropriate;
- use any automated scripting tools or software;
- engage in or promote any third party surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, unsolicited emailing or spamming via the Site;
- impersonate any other person or entity;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available using the Site any material that you do not have a right to make available or which contains viruses, or other computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware or to utilise other computer systems for improper purposes or without authorisation; or
- breach any laws or regulations which are applicable to your use of this Site in your jurisdiction.
Unless otherwise acknowledged, all material on this Site, including (but not limited to) text, graphics, information architecture and coding, is our property. All copyright is reserved.
You are provided with access to this Site and may download, store in cache, display, print or make a single copy of the information or material stored on this Site (in its unaltered form) and for your personal and non-commercial use only. Except for these purposes, and for the purposes of and subject to the conditions prescribed under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) (or any similar statute that applies in your jurisdiction), you may not, in any form or by any means:
- adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, transmit, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of this Site; or
- commercialise any information, products or services obtained from any part of this Site, without our written permission.
If you wish to make any other use of the material on this Site, you must obtain our permission before doing so. To ask for permission or for further information, please Contact us using the link provided (https://asmc.com.au/about-asmc/contact-us/ ).
All trade names, trade marks, service marks and other product and service names and logos (Marks) displayed on this Site are proprietary to their respective owners and are protected by applicable trade mark and copyright laws. These Marks may be our registered or unregistered Marks or may belong to others and are used on this Site with permission of the relevant owner.
Nothing contained on this Site should be construed as granting any licence or right of use of any Mark which is displayed on this Site without the express written permission of the relevant owner.
If you use any of our Marks to refer to our activities, products or services, you must include a statement attributing that Mark to us. You must not use any of our Marks:
- in or as the whole or part of your own Marks;
- in connection with activities, products or services which are not ours;
- in a manner which may be confusing, misleading or deceptive; or
- in a manner that disparages us or our information, products or services (including this Site).
Our Site (or social media sites on which we maintain a presence) may contain links to Linked Sites. Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained. We have no control over or rights in any Linked Site that is not our own.
Unless specifically stated, the inclusion of a Linked Site should not be construed as any endorsement, approval, recommendation or preference by us of the owners or operators of the Linked Site, or for any information, product or service referred to on the Linked Site.
Your visit to our Site
We may also collect and store information about your visit to the Site, including:
- the name of the domain from which you accessed the internet;
- the date and time you accessed the Site;
- the internet address of the Site from which you linked directly to the Site;
- the pages you accessed while visiting the Site;
- the type of device from which you accessed the Site; and
- the location from which you accessed the Site.
All of the information we collect is aggregated and cannot be used to identify you individually. This information is used to measure visitor numbers and to assess how the Site was used in order to maintain its effectiveness. We do not collect this information for any type of online advertising.